LagondaNet Forum Index LagondaNet

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Engine Builder...Alan Drewry.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Alan

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 12:37 am    Post subject: Engine Builder...Alan Drewry. Reply with quote

Hi all...

I would like to put my name forward, ALAN DREWRY, as a missing engine builder at Aston Martin Lagonda Ltd, around the period of 1978? - 1981, [V8 ENGINE) when I came to America to work for Aston Martin, here in New York. [with the 'NEW' Lagonda]

First though, I transferred from engine building at Aston's, to their experimental department, [Mike Peach, took my place as the 'new' engine builder, I worked with Mike, and he is a great guy,] as I considered that more interesting, [ I helped in the development of the Lagonda for here], and a challenge.

As an engine builder,[and in the final year of my apprenticeship] I worked on the old straight six in 1969-70, before building the 'NEW' V8 in 69-70.
Then I moved on to South Africa in 1971 to work at the Aston Martin dealership in Jo'burg.

I returned to Aston's as an engine builder, at Newport, in 1978/80, before transferring first to the experimental, and then America.

As a matter of interest to me, one of the Aston's I saw here in New York, had my name plaque on it's engine !

For the last 10 years before I retired, I took my full aircraft Airframe and Powerplant license. [A&P], [which is the most respected in the world], to work as an Aircraft Technician, here in USA.

My days at Aston;s, Newport Pagnell, were some of the best I ever had..some great memory's,great days..

Hope this will be of interest to you all..

Alan..

PS.
I still have one or two of my 'Name Plates'.. One on my 'tool box'... That has brought many comments of interest over the years..
Mitrovic

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome Alan
Thank you for the very interesting story!
Mike Peach did built the engine in my car and I had the great pleasure to meet him in person!
All of you engine builders are true artists! Those engines are fabulous!
Thank you very much for all this work!
Zoran
Post new topic   Reply to topic    LagondaNet Forum Index -> Main Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: