LagondaNet Forum Index LagondaNet

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Auto Historica 010913

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lagondanet
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:14 am    Post subject: Auto Historica 010913 Reply with quote

I have received the following request:

I am trying to put together an Aston Martin Centenary timeline display for the Auto Historica Show at Burpham, near Arundel, West Sussex, on Sunday 1st September, and I am looking for a Lagonda to add to the display.

I know you are the man who not only owns a Lagonda but probably knows a large number of the other Lagonda owners as well and wondered if you could put the word about that a Lagonda would be most welcome to join in. The idea of the display is to show one significant car from every era of Aston Martin’s history, all within a limit of about 15 cars. I fell the Lagonda is certainly a significant car in Aston Martin’s history and am very keen to have one in the display.

I have attached the PR document for the show for your perusal and hope you will find it of interest.

If you or one of your fellow Lagonda owners would like a trip to West Sussex to join this display, please let me know.

Many thanks.

Gareth Richards.
AMOC Area 16 Asst. Rep.

Contact Gareth if you are interested.

“AUTO HISTORICA 2013”
Sunday 1st September 2013
The Cricket Pitch, Burpham, Nr. Arundel,
West Sussex BN18 9RR

Burpham Motor Racing Club (BMRC) is holding its fourth annual classic car and motorbike show, rebranded “AUTO HISTORICA” in Burpham near Arundel, West Sussex on Sunday 1st September 2013.

This year we are proud to announce the sensational new super sonic Bloodhound SSC (www.bloodhoundssc.com) will take center stage with project director, Richard Noble, our guest of honor. Bloodhound will depart early next year to South Africa where Wing Commander Andy Green, the current land speed record holder, will give the car its first run on the Hakskeen Pan, in the build up to break the 1000 mph barrier, scheduled to take place in 2015. Richard will also be giving a talk at the show, explaining the passion, challenges and potential risks behind building the world’s fastest super car.

Auto Historica organizer Dominic Santana said: “I’m delighted to invite the Bloodhound and Richard Nobel to our event, and proud to support their attempts to overcome and achieve the impossible, whilst inspiring the next generation of engineers to tackle global technological challenges faced in the 21st century”.

In addition, over 200 fabulous classic cars and motorbikes bikes will be on display, from Vintage vehicles from the 30’s right up to Future Classics. This year marks the 100th anniversary of Aston Martin with the Aston Martin Owners Club putting together a special display of their cars, from the historic right up to the present day. We are also pleased that the Ferrari Owners Cub will be joining us too with a magnificent parade of super cars. Some fun and rare vehicles from the Sussex Micro Car Club will also be on display.

Back by popular demand, our “Festival of the 40’s” will feature a full size Mk 9 Spitfire, a wonderful display of military vehicles, free Lindy Hop lessons, live music from The Three Belles, and laughs from our legendary compare, Viv the Spiv. We will also be honored by the Battle of Britain Memorial Flight, (a Lancaster Bomber, Hurricane and Spitfire), who will perform a fly past over the show.

As ever, we also have The Village of tented marquees and outside pitches, featuring high quality exhibitors. There will be plenty of activities for children and our fabulous food outlets will serve sumptuous food and refreshments throughout the day.

Fun for all the family!

SHOW DATE: SUNDAY 1st SEPTEMBER 2013
SHOW TIMES: 10am – 5pm
ADMISSION PRICES:
Adult £12, Children Ages 5-15: £5 (Under 5’s go free). Concessions: (Students, Registered disabled / single helper) £10 Family (2 adults & up to 3 children) £30. Parking: Free
Dominic Santana, Director BMRC
Tel: 01903 884478
Mob: 07752 411728
Email: info@thebmrc.com
Please also visit www.thebmrc.com for more info.

Last edited by Lagondanet on Tue Sep 03, 2013 8:29 am; edited 1 time in total
Lagondanet
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gareth now has a Wedge or 2 so no more are required.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    LagondaNet Forum Index -> Main Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: