LagondaNet Forum Index LagondaNet

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Rear shock alternatives or sourcing

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jas13141

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 9:38 am    Post subject: Rear shock alternatives or sourcing Reply with quote

Hi all, hope everyone of you are well !

13141 is in the shop getting some refurbishment. The rear shocks need replacing and I understand they are hard to find and quite expensive when sourced.

Is there an accepted alternative to the self leveling rears ? Car repairs are on hold as we look to solve the shock saga.

So far, have rebuilt carbs, re built all calipers and brake lines, machined rotors, rebuilt rear diff. Addressed surface corrosion in sills, going to seal bottom side once refurbed.
jonc

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it would be possible to have them rebuilt. There are a number of places which can do this, but I don't have any recommendations.

Jonathan

ps. with all this work, you should be posting updates on the Restorations forum Very Happy
Jas13141

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have an album of pictures during the current work and will gladly post a thread showing the work done when i get a chance to compile everything. thanks

Jas
david

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AML did supply a kit of standard, KONI non self leveller shocks, using the original springs.

I have not bought a set for maybe 18 months or so but they were of the order of GBP400.00 plus VAT the pair - quite reasonable and more reliable than the self levellers.

Worth a try, I think

David
Hawke

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 3:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

david wrote:
AML did supply a kit of standard, KONI non self leveller shocks, using the original springs.

I have not bought a set for maybe 18 months or so but they were of the order of GBP400.00 plus VAT the pair - quite reasonable and more reliable than the self levellers.

Worth a try, I think

David

I'm in the process of installing a set of the AML non-leveling shocks in 13557. Cost from the AM dealer in Chicago was $804 for the pair (not cheap, but a bargain compared to the cost for the front shocks). As to a rebuild, you may wish to contact Paul at KONI North America (859-586-4100) in Hebron, Kentucky. I know they'll rebuild the fronts but am uncertain if they'll touch the rear self-leveling shocks.

Best of luck...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    LagondaNet Forum Index -> Technical All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: