LagondaNet Forum Index LagondaNet

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Larger Brakes Upgrade Possible?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
AML_Canada

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 2:28 am    Post subject: Larger Brakes Upgrade Possible? Reply with quote

Greetings,

Any brake upgrades possible like fitting larger discs with more leverage?

I guess it may be limited by the 15" steel rims up front, but was wondering if there is something available...

Cheers,

Harjeet
jonc

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There has been some recent talk on the AMOC forum about an AP Racing upgrade kit for the V8 which fits inside the standard 15 inch alloys. It is a four-pot calliper with a separate disk and alloy bell and a bespoke mounting bracket.

It hasn't been around for long, and so there is no feedback on its performance vs the standard. It costs around 2,000 GBP plus taxes.

What is the reason for upgrading? I find the brakes pretty decent, although on 13277 they were bordering on dangerous when I got it due to the failure of the vacuum valves. This meant that some of the time they worked with assistance, and sometimes without!

David has said previously that the (Jaguar) brakes definitely are up to the job of stopping a car of this weight.

Jonathan
AML_Canada

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Jonc,

Just had rotor envy while changing the pads on my A8 and seeing the size difference!

Yes the brakes function perfectly adequately. I was contemplating a rotor upgrade (perhaps from the Jaguar guys?) that would update them a bit. But at 2000 GBP, definitely not worth it - was thinking around 200GBP! Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    LagondaNet Forum Index -> Main Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: