LagondaNet Forum Index LagondaNet

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

LAGONDAV82012 (New)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Keith

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Folks

We arrived back in England on Sunday evening from our extended trip to Austria and Switzerland but we were only were able to continue our holiday due to the extraordinary generosity extended to us both by David and Arthur. We cannot begin to say how grateful we are to these 2 saints.

First and foremost, Val & I wish Jean Claude & Nicole Carpentier very speedy recoveries and good future health.

Secondly – Many thanks to Michael & Gina for all their hard work in arranging the whole weekend. Val really enjoyed herself and I had a good time on the sections that I was able to attend. Above all, it was great to see you all again.

It all started so well for us. As Roger has metioned, 4 UK cars travelled to Vincent’s garage where we met up with Dimitri & Virginie. We then had a very pleasant drive via the Moselle Valley to our overnight stay in the castle at Oberwesel. The next day, Roger’s car started to play up a little but it did make it to Michaels place where. However, after reaching Salzburg, poor Roger’s car was really causing him problems which resulted in him missing the entire weekend’s events.

Our story in short: Our radiator temperature sensor seal fitting had split and we were losing water causing the car to overheat when we got to the top of the mountain pass. Unfortunatley, the radiator cap was removed too early before the car had had a chance to cool down sufficently enough and an eruption of water sprayed all over the engine compartment. This then caused us no end of electrical shorting out problems for the rest of our holiday. Arthur managed to engineer a brilliant temporary repair to the sensor area leak and very kindly stayed with me to help me get back to the hotel.

The next day, David & Arthur had worked out a plan of action to try and get my car back up and running. This involved taking out my radiator, which Arthur then took to Michael’s mechanic some 45 kilometers away for repair. In the meantime, David started to work on curing that faults with the electrics which unfortunately grew into a long and very frustrating job.

We had anticipated the car would be drivable by mid afternoon and we could then rejoin you all at the castle for the medieval dinner. However, with the problem electrics and then the cursed thermostat failing, David worked on the car literally all day until about 7pm until he managed to get the car safe enough to drive again.

I personally would like to extend my thanks to everyone else for being so kind in making sure that Val continued to have a good time for the festival. Thank you to you all.

Austria was beautiful – Switzerland was gorgeous, (when it did not rain).

We met up in Switzerland with Arthur & Petra, Zoran & Priska, Francis & Lisle, Rudolph & Priska and had a nice day with everyone. Once again, everyone was so kind and generous to Val & I.

Arthur was concerned that a new electrical problem, which had started to occur the previous evening, needed to be sorted out so I left my car with his mechanic, Siegfried. Arthur very kindly loaned us his Mercedes SL 500 for a couple of days so that we could continue to enjoy Switzerland. It is just our bad luck that on both these days we had continual rain so we were unable to drive the car with the roof down.

When I collected my car on the Saturday, all nicely repaired and sorted out, I also got to have a drive in Zoran’s Tesla – MY GOD, THAT THING CAN MOVE !! I believe that even the Star Ship Enterprise would struggle to keep up.

We had a pleasant drive to our B&B place in Jaulney, France, with no problems, but the next day when we went to visit Reims cathedral the car started to blow her fuses again. We managed to get the car home to the UK with just 1 fuse to spare. Phew!

Once again, (at the risk of repeating myself), our grateful thanks to David & Arthur and many thanks to everyone else for all the kindness shown to us. We look forward to seeing you all in the UK next year.

Val & Keith
Mitrovic

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is my report:
First of all many thanks to Gina and Michael for all of the work they have put in this event!Francis and me started on thursday afternoon from Switzerland to Austria where we had booked rooms in St. Anton in a very cosy little „Schlössl“. It was a pleasant drive over the Arlberg pass, where we had the oportunity to train downshifting! Arthur joined us later this evening.
Next morning we took some scenic roads to a small but very pretty German town where Francis had spent some months of his youth. We have been listening to nice stories of this time ( not so far away from the past ).
No issues with the three „swiss“ cars in arriving at Michael and Gina‘s spectacular home. Wonderful! Thank you for allowing us to be there!
Sadly Jean Claude had a medical issue and I offered my translation for the family Dufetrelles in the clinic in Rosenheim. I must say this was also very interesting for me. For the very first time in a German clinic.
Luckily and with the very professional help of a very young lady-doctor Jean Claude was able to continue his journey to Salzburg. Well, it was not planned that way and I had no map and my GPS no battery. The GPS in the car of the family Dufetrelles was „kaputt“, too. But we managed to find our hotel even before the convoi arrived.
It was such a joy meeting all this wonderful people again.
Next day, was sad because of Rogers car. I did not feel 100% fit, so I decided that I will not visit Hitler‘s Eagle‘s nest and have a power nap and a swim in the pool. Later this seemed to be a sensible decision as on the way up, Keith‘s car overheated and on the way down ( in Ferrari style ) the brakes on 6 cars failed.
However the Gala dinner was fine but the next day many of us had to recover before starting the tour. Some did all the tours that day, some joined for lunch, some for a medieval dinner and some joined us at the bar. Sadly „Les Carpentiers“ had to leave that day because of medical reasons, but it seems that Nicole is recovering well now. Also Sadly Arthur had to leave, too after having helped to cure some Lagonda problems.
The medieval dinner was a highlight of the event! Thanks to all the kings, queens, maids and especially the fool! Olivier was at his best!
The drive back to the hotel - 40 minute - in heavy rain, was not nice. I was driving with Sue and Robert in my car very carefully . again without a map or roadbook - and I did not notice that Lagondas followed me. Did they know that during many kilometers I was pretty much lost? Nevertheless we arrived well at the hotel.
Next morning was sadly the big good bye. We took a good bye swim in the pool and got on our way in convoi: Francis, Terry, David, Dufetrelles, Keith and me. It was a beautiful drive through Austria to Switzerland. Sadly David got ill and even the medicamentation we took in a pharmacy on our way did not do much good.
Arrived at home with faithfull Black Lightening without refilling water or oil and without any problem. Lucky me! The car consumed an average of 18,5 L/100 Km, but on the way home, in convoi, it was only 13,68 L/100 Km. I think my new record.
See you in England next year!
Lagondanet
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uli's photos via Michael

https://plus.google.com/photos/107883398808539944903/albums/5786498927742748817?authkey=COuYyuDCx4mgJg&banner=pwa&gpsrc=pwrd1#photos/107883398808539944903/albums/5786498927742748817?authkey=COuYyuDCx4mgJg&banner=pwa&gpsrc=pwrd1

https://plus.google.com/photos/107883398808539944903/albums/5782109166792913057?authkey=CI3U8frG2v7qcQ&banner=pwa&gpsrc=pwrd1#photos/107883398808539944903/albums/5782109166792913057?authkey=CI3U8frG2v7qcQ&banner=pwa&gpsrc=pwrd1

https://plus.google.com/photos/107883398808539944903/albums/5786659468972958081?authkey=CPzPvPrSlIrrJg&banner=pwa&gpsrc=pwrd1#photos/107883398808539944903/albums/5786659468972958081?authkey=CPzPvPrSlIrrJg&banner=pwa&gpsrc=pwrd1
Lagondanet
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My car is back in UK! Now at David's.
Mitrovic

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hope you will get it back soon!
jonc

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes - hope you do too. What happened? Nothing too serious I hope.

It was unusual not to see you listed in the AMOC autumn concours results.

Jonathan
Lagondanet
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fans. Ignition. Advance/retard. Not sure yet.
Also bumper needs repair where I clipped it before going to Salzburg!
Yes I was sorry to have missed the Boughton House Concours too.

Sad
Lagondanet
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some of my pictures. More later.

http://s108.photobucket.com/albums/n35/Lagondanet/salzburg2012/
Mitrovic

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 4:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great pictures! Thank you!
Lagondanet
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some more pictures. This time from my mobile. I have deleted some as they looked more like Francis Bacons.

http://s108.photobucket.com/albums/n35/Lagondanet/salzburg2012No2/
Mitrovic

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love those pictures! ( Don't ask why! )
Rodolphe

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

+1 Very Happy
Lagondanet
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some pictures by Zoran

Lagondanet
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Michael awarded 6 new prizes of his own at the 2012 Gala Dinner.

Farthest travelled to Rodney Howell from USA

Junior Lagonda Lover to Jack (Rod's grandson)

Longest ownership to me

Absent friend to Ossi Bashiri (via Sandra)

Best newcomer 2012 to Rudi Barasits

Best original Lagonda 2012 to Terry Duck

Very Happy
Lagondanet
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2014 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Courtesy of Dimitri

https://picasaweb.google.com/107261203982469241411/Lagondafest2012?authuser=0&authkey=Gv1sRgCOCWz4acofLILw&feat=directlink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    LagondaNet Forum Index -> Lagonda Events All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: