LagondaNet Forum Index LagondaNet

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Heater temperature control

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jonc

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 6:51 pm    Post subject: Heater temperature control Reply with quote

I am in the process of fitting my new heater control slider and temperature control. When I got the car it had a switch in the place of the temperature control, with actual temperature being controlled with a manual choke-type control mounted under the dash which mechanically operated the blend flap.

I have the temp control, but I am not sure exactly how it fits. Here is the hole in the binnacle (with the two little holes on sides):

..and here is my control:

My guess is that the metal bracket is removed, and the control is then fitted to the binnacle with the two small metal 'hooks' it fitted on the bracket with. However, this is a pretty poor way of fitting it. Perhaps the control has been replaced with a more normal one like the display dimmer one. Does anyone have any pictures of this?

Thanks for any help.

Jonathan
jonc

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks to David Marks I now know how it goes together.

The Cadillac temp control is removed from the steel bracket and fits straight to the metal of the binnacle, and is secured with the two metal tabs through the small holes. There is also a piece of leather which goes between the two.

When I put this together, I will post pictures in my restoration thread.

jonathan
Post new topic   Reply to topic    LagondaNet Forum Index -> Technical All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: