LagondaNet Forum Index LagondaNet

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

dash illumination / warning bulbs

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jonc

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 12:55 pm    Post subject: dash illumination / warning bulbs Reply with quote

Hi All,

I am shopping for some spare parts at the moment. Does anyone know what the bulbs are for the illumination and warning lights on the LED dash (13277)?

I am guessing BA7 (http://www.autoelectricsupplies.co.uk/product_list/92) or W2.1 (http://www.autoelectricsupplies.co.uk/product_list/91)

Also, are the binnacles illuminated?

thanks,

Jonathan
david

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

None of those bulbs are correct.

They are a version of a festoon type bulb but look more like a glass fuse than anything else.

I have never looked for them on the net but from AML they are hugely expensive, like £25.00 EACH (there are four), I think!! - Hopefully I am wrong about this price.

Incidentally, the plastic holders for them are VERY fragile and break easily - they are the same as Jaguar XJ40 number plate lamp holders! - the bulbs are different though and I do not know what would happen if a standard 5W festoon bulb were to be fitted.

The binnacles are not illuminated but the ignition key socket is back lit with a small 5W (I think) bayonet fixing bulb - such as maybe the BA9.

David
jonc

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2010 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi David,

Thanks for the info.

I will have it apart in January hopefully (when I am happy with the operation of the fuel flaps - current job). I will then post some pictures.

I wouldn't expect to have to go to AML for generic consumables like bulbs but we will see. Thanks too for the warning on the holders. Smile

Jonathan
jonc

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally got to the bulbs.

The dash warning lamps are all 2W BA7 - there are 23 of them. The ignition key one is the same.

The flood lights are an odd one as David says. They are fitted into the same holder as is used on the rear number plate illumination (UK) and so are a standard-length festoon bulb. The workshop manual lists them as '12V 150mA' which works out at 1.8W. I bench-tested one and at 12V it drew pretty much exactly 150mA. They also have a white piece of plastic on the back of the glass which forms a reflector.

The smallest festoon bulb I can find at the moment is 3W and so I imagine you could run a set of these with a resistor in series with the dimmer control. The alternative would be to switch to LED replacements, although you would loose the dimming ability.
jonc

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dash flood is 33x6mm

Closest are here: http://www.lampco.co.uk/results.asp?section=Lamps&method=browsepic&shape=Festoon&cappic=Festoon&volt=0-15V&watt=0-2W&colour=Clear

I would choose 31x6mm, 1.2W - £1.99 each.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    LagondaNet Forum Index -> Technical All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: