LagondaNet Forum Index LagondaNet

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

LAGONDAV82012 (Old thread now revised & replaced)
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    LagondaNet Forum Index -> Lagonda Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mitrovic

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Friends

A sensible decision to postpone England! We will enjoy it in 2013!

Francis, Canada would be very tempting, but I can not commit, because of lack of time! May be in some years.

How about Luxembourg? If our friends from Luxembourg would be ready to organise it?
If not we could also meet an chateau in France ( Chateau d'esclimont )?

Zoran
Lagondanet
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Francis, your enthusiasm for the cars and a meeting in Canada is very clear but it is not feasible for me in 2012 although it might be for others.
There are as you know a few other Lagondas in Canada who might be interested in such a meeting and could be invited, and possibly some in the adjacent US.

Zoran, my understanding is that our friends in Luxembourg are not able to do it in 2012 due to other committments.
Lagondanet
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Michael von Aretin writes:

To all fellow Lagondistas,

For 2012 I like to suggest a meeting either in Upper Bavaria or in Austria. As there is no austrian Lagonda-owner in our club, I would love to organise this from my place which is a 1h drive from Salzburg/Austria only. So this would be a meeting in the spectacular area of the Alps again.

But Upper Bavaria would be a very nice place for a meeting too, it is just quite similar to the Lindau area, where we met already in 2008. The famous bavarian beerfest “Oktoberfest” starts in the 3rd week of september. but there is a similar smaler beerfest “Herbstfest” at Rosenheim (my place), which starts earlier in 2012, on august 25th up to 9th of september. Here are just NOT 6 millions of drunken visitors.

For all travellers comming from north, west or east it is helpful to know, that you can (early) book a car train both ways from Hamburg or Düsseldorf directly to Munich/Bavaria or Salzburg or Innsbruck/Austria. German highways are free but very crowded and the distance is 600km to 1000km with the train.

Italy and the northern Alto Adige mountain region would be very nice, too. Car train stops at Bolzano, the center of the region. Hamburg – Bolzano is 1000km. From Düsseldorf (for all drivers from Holland, Belgium, France, Luxemburg) it is a 800km train ride. So this would be an easy trip. As they do speak german, it is easier to organise.

Also possible would be a meeting in the Czech Republic (Bohemia, Prague...) , where I have friends. Distance for example from Brussels to Prague is 900km. No car train.

Another idea would be eastern Germany, the former communist GDR area, visiting Berlin, Dredsen and/or Leipzig, which are definitivly worth to visit. There are very nice spots at the countryside, too. A trip from german Dresden to the czech Prague would be a very special thing and not far by distance. Only 160km.

I even could think of a meeting in Poland, the Wroclaw (the former prewar german city of Breslau) area is really beautiful and crowded with ancient history and churches, castles, parks and points of interest. Brussels – Wroclaw is 1050km to drive.

Other possibel places would be german Black Forest and french Bas-Rhin Alsace area, Stuttgart area (Ginas place), historic Nuremberg and Bamberg area, Hamburg area, german East coast aerea, austrian Vienna area, italian Lombardia, Umbria, Marche or Tuscany area or french Cote Azur. All great places to meet. Some of these areas are UNESCO world heritage, like we propose the Lagonda to be some day...

Just some ideas...

I personally also would love to go to Canada, Luxemburg or Sweden, too
Have a good time, hope to see all in 2012 somewhere.

Best
Michael & Gina

Rosenheim or Salzburg sound very inviting and realistic.
What do others think?
Lagondanet
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

and Ossi!

Dear All,

Sweden is an option, but I'm worried OUR sexy cars won't make it up here to East Coast of the Baltic. Don't forget White Lightning lives in the UK !!! ... Stockholm is 600km from the bridge at Öresunds bridge at Copenhagen-Malmö... Believe me there's pretty much nothing in the South of Sweden that I would feel confident in showing you unless you like pine forests and lakes or running from redneck inbreds in Volvo pickup trucks, and Gothenburg is just as far... and even though the car industry is on the West Coast (G'burg), Stockholm is really where it's at.

I think for Southern Europeans (Germany/Switz) it will be 5 days of driving in total, 2 - 2.5 there and 2 - 2.5 back, plus a 3 day Lagonda meeting.... Less for Northern Europeans of course...

I am at your disposal...

Ossi.
and

Sorry forgot to say...

I drove from Stockholm to London last year and it took me around 18 hours.... I did it non-stop in my Subaru, not a Lagonda. I left at 03.00AM and was in London at around 21.30 the same evening.

Ferries / boats go from Newcastle - Kristiansand (Norway) they stopped going from Harwich - Gothenburg some years back

Ferries to Stockholm go from MOST of the Baltic ports, Poland, Latvia, Finland....

All the best,

Ossi.
Michael

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks Roger,
thats right, Oktoberfest is an event you can't handle anymore, especially with cars. There is NO WAY to park close to this area in munich.
cheers
Michael
Vincent

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All destinations sound good. But I think ( sorry for Ossi ) Sweden would be too far and needs a min. 5 day-trip, from anywhere in Europe. But why not ?
Salzburg or Bavaria are unknown for me, then I find it nice. 'Alte Adige' is fine too, but northern owners have the same problem to join as southern ones to Sweden...
I would like to visit Berlin too...as Praha and Poland, but the problem is the same as going to Sweden. Train is an option, but I personnaly prefer to drive the car, even if a wheel bearing is broken when arrived at destination Crying or Very sad
In any case, the destination would be good because it's the decision of the person(s) who organise it ! Cool
Francis

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like Southern Bavaria and Arlberg, Innsbruck and possibly Northern Italy.

Francis
Lagondanet
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let us bite the bullet.

I favour we accept Michael’s very kind offer to organise the 2012 meeting.

I like the sound of something in or around his region. Upper Bavaria/Rosenheim/Innsbruck/Salzburg. Maybe taking in the early Herbstfest (as you know some of us Brits like a beer!).
By road or train, although like Vincent I prefer to drive my car (as long as I am accompanied by David & Robert). I will also say I prefer a weekend in August!

But of course the choice of location of the event and everything else involved is up to Michael as the organiser. Whatever he decides is OK with me.

Are we agreed? Do we have a date?

Kind regards,

Roger
Vrije

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2011 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy

We are in for Michael ,just as we are in for last of august (not to mention, our friend Rodney who is never able to do first weekend of septembers )
We will go for driving as not train-ing (since I seem te be renamed one of the nurses we will take some wheel bearings and tools and hit it!!!!!!!)

And naturally the inbetween spring meeting Razz

Harry & Margie

ps done some more cruizing this week (see other post later) so made some 3500 KM in 17 days of September, damn, looks like a daily driver to me!!
Lagondanet
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

2012 meeting will be in Bavaria/Salzburg region and organised by Michael von Aretin.
Now all we need is a date.

Very Happy
Dimitri

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We could really do with a date now.
Just trying to organise our own holidays ! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Lagondanet
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We hope to have some news soon.
Lagondanet
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Michael says the 2012 Lagonda V8 meeting will take place on August 24-26 either in Austria or in Bavaria.

Following last year I assume this means arriving on the Friday & departing on the Monday morning.

See you there!

Very Happy
Mitrovic

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, see you there!
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    LagondaNet Forum Index -> Lagonda Events All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: