LagondaNet Forum Index LagondaNet

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Flat battery..........grrrrrrrrrrrr

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tim_C

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 9:54 pm    Post subject: Flat battery..........grrrrrrrrrrrr Reply with quote

Went to get the lag out today - perhaps last drove her over a week ago. And despite having a brand new battery - and I always turn the battery off, it just wasn't enough to get the starter motor spinning.

Now I had a bit of a dilema. Since David Marks was sure someone had fried the 'puter with a 'jolt' of 'leccy, I didn't want to repeat. I've now decided not to get the battery out (pig of a job) but have turned the isolation switch off and connected my c-tek battery conditioner.........I just hope it's going to work without 'frying my chips'. And since I know David will ask - the instruments booted up fine, just not the engine.

Anyway, here is another picture, still off of my phone, but my first nice one with 2 cars. Just got to get the 3rd one in somehow

Keith

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Tim

I was interested to read that you switch your isolator control to off, even when you are connecting up your battery conditioner. Is this done for a particular reason because I do not turn my isolator to off.

So far I have not had any problems by not doing this and my Lagonda usually fires up after the 3rd - 4th time of trying. I tend to switch the ignition on and wait for a few seconds to allow the volt meter reading to pass 10 before turning her over.

The main benefit is, of course, not having to re-set the clock and all the audio system settings.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    LagondaNet Forum Index -> Technical All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: