LagondaNet Forum Index LagondaNet

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

format of the Lagonda fest 2010

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Francis

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 2:16 pm    Post subject: format of the Lagonda fest 2010 Reply with quote

Hello to all Lagondists!

I would like to take this subject line to ask about your opinion on a format of dinner that could be tried in the next Lagonda fest.

I have not spoken to the organisors of this idea, so I hope this will not be taken as an interference on my part in their organisation.

There is a format of dinner meetings that has all participants at tables in one room and a podium slightly higher then the tables facing them.

In this type of dinner there usually is an MC (Master of Ceremony) that explain the entertainement for the evening. I would suggest the organisors to do that.

What I see in this idea is a podium for Lagonda owners to be able to take the stage and explain to the others in the room their coming to the passion plus a chance for all owner to spend time in front of all the others to descrive their cars and all the work that was done on it.

It is also a time for participants to narate real live experiences with their Lagonda.

I propose this format for two reasons:

First, last year we send time together as Lagonda owners and I did not even have time to meet everyone. This format allows all present that wishes to be known by the others to do so.

Second, this format makes it easier for the poeple in the room to be able to seek out the speakers that have explained some of their experiences and may want to hear more details about it.

Also, this format is perfect to launch challenges!

Please participate in this subject line to debate the idea of it and let me know your opinions.

Francis
Vrije

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Razz
sorry Francis,I have it almost ready, so just wait and see and enjoy it

Not that you are wrong,infact you're dead right ,we were the same opinion
as I did not talk to anybody at all, so we kind of did what you are proposing for as much as locations allow for it, but we don't want the whole programm to be known yet, so again wait and see Very Happy

Harry
Lagondanet
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Francis you have made a valid point and thanks for opening the debate.

It is impossible to talk to everyone as you might like at such relatively short events especially with recent numbers and the diversity of the participants....linked mainly by their passion for the Lagonda. I am sure that our NL hosts have something new and interesting on offer, am already looking forward to it, and am impatient for the programme.........Harry?

Perhaps you might also like to express your ideas direct to the proposed organisers of the 2011 event in France so they have time to consider them & perhaps take them on board.

This might also be the seed (following on from Zoran's meetings) of more 'national' Wedge meetings inbetween the more international gatherings. Rodger owner of 7! wedges who could hold his own meeting! has suggested a gathering at his new London storage facility in the spring 2010 of which more later.

Joyeux Noel!
Francis

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, the regional meeting are already taking place in Switzerland!

The idea of this debate is not to try and impose my views but mearly to spark healty debate to see how we can have ideas brought up to the organizers' mind. So please readers of the Lagonda forum pitch-in your ideas.

Francis
Vincent

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lagondanet wrote:

This might also be the seed (following on from Zoran's meetings) of more 'national' Wedge meetings inbetween the more international gatherings. Rodger owner of 7! wedges who could hold his own meeting! has suggested a gathering at his new London storage facility in the spring 2010 of which more later.
Joyeux Noel!

Please let me posted about this event because I would like to join with my RHD - but sorry maybe it will be forbidden to me because I'm not a subject of Her Majesty The Queen Elisabeth II Mr. Green
Mitrovic

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have expressed my opinions to the organisers of 2010 and 2011, but finally it is up to them to decide what kind of meeting they will organise. I think this is also the charm of it, that every year it is a little bit different.

But of course, Francis, I agree with you, but we had enough time to talk about it on our trip from Belgium to Switzerland, isn't it?

I am really happy that the organisers of 2010 have given us the dates early, that is the most important factor to me. Now the details can be a surprise, but I would also need to know where it starts and where it ends.

Of course, I would love it to be as long as possible, and that we can enjoy it as a group, that we can get to know each other and speak with each other!

National meetings? Yes, we do it here in Switzerland! And we do it even better when Francis or Ossi come to visit us, or anybody else?

Zoran
Francis

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As always Zoran you have the right way to put into works my taughts!

I have full faith in the organizers' willingness to make this event the best it can be. I am sure that we will enjoy ourselves under their care. It is also nice to hear that our Dutch friends have decided to invite us to visit their wonderfull country.

It is also nice to have dates, especially for us coming from farther away.

Francis
Lagondanet
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vincent

Noted. Just stick a Belgian or French plate on the car in the tunnel. No one will notice!

Zoran

National meetings? Yes, we need more of them! Hmmmmmmmmmm?

Very Happy
Francis

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I propose a Canadian meet somewhere in Europe. What about in a castle in a good wine region... You say when and I'll be there! March could work for me.

We may also do a Serbio-Belgian one at the same time, what do you say?

I would also invite Brits and Neds if they care to join us.

Francis
Mitrovic

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A castle near Dijon?

March would not be possible for me, but, mai?

There could be a national meeting in Florida in march?

Zoran
Francis

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In Mai I will probably not be able to attend. But a March reunion in Florida...interesting. I will call Bill on it (he is the one that bought the 2 destroyed Lagondas to recreate one) and Rodney, of course. I will be seeing Rodney at the end of January so I will ask him. We may also recruit other American owners to join.

Francis
Post new topic   Reply to topic    LagondaNet Forum Index -> Main Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: