LagondaNet Forum Index LagondaNet

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

heater/AC lever

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Francis

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 3:44 pm    Post subject: heater/AC lever Reply with quote

Guys,

AML used a part from a supplier, that is unknown to me, to handle the venting of the car. This vacuum tube receptacle unit that houses the lever on your dash board allows you to switch from air to the windscreen or your feet or face, to select rear A/C. That is defective on my car. AML is trying to refinance it's self by selling me that part. (£880)

Does any one know the source of this unit? Vincent suggested Ford, but I could not find it.

Francis
dyeger

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 3:36 am    Post subject: Re: heater/AC lever Reply with quote

Francis, I am fairly certain it is a GM part from the mid '70s used on Buicks and Caddys. Check the Caddilac sedan deville or the fleetwods that had the 4/6/8 engines.

I think the part is called the AC "programmer". I sent Roger the GM (Buick?) part numbers and you might be able to get a hit with those.
Vincent

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 8:07 am    Post subject: Re: heater/AC lever Reply with quote

dyeger wrote:
I sent Roger the GM (Buick?) part numbers and you might be able to get a hit with those.

Dave,

Please send me the part number you have so I can check with the ref. I noticed ( but Motorcraft was printed on the vacuum cylinders, and Motorcraft is Ford...)
Thanks
dyeger

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 4:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try 16011631 for the controller and 7896281 for the programmer. I gave all of my documentation to Autosports Design when they took the Lagonda, someone could follow up with them. They have the documents for service procedures for the AC system.
Lagondanet
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave

I think this is all you had left.

jonc

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have managed to track down the controller part. It is best located as an assembly which contains a facia, the slider switch and temperature control.

It is a GM part manufactured by AC Delco.

I found it listed as:

1982-85 Cadillac Heater / AC Control Unit #16003166

This heater and ac control unit fits Cadillac 1982-83 Fleetwood Limo., Deville, Fleetwood Brougham, 1982-85 Eldorado, Seville, Commercial Chassis. Part number changed to #16019226.

I have separately seen it listed as compatible with 1979 to 1982 Cadillac DeVille.

The box shows numbers:

# 15-7088
Gr. 9.273

I have put some photos here: http://s1238.photobucket.com/albums/ff495/joncuk/hvac/
Francis

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So this part needs to be taken apart and the sliding section is the one we kep, right? have you installed it on your Lagonda to see if it works?

Francis

PS is this part still avalable at gm dealers?
jonc

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The part contains the lever/switch we need, plus a rotary temperature control, plus the high-temperature switch (27 degrees?).

The lever/switch is unscrewed from the Cadillac heater panel and then appears to fit straight on to the binnacle. I haven't done this yet, but I will within the next couple of weeks before the car goes to David Marks for the new heater 'brain' and a re-pipe. Certainly it is the correct part as I have the one out of my car.

I didn't check with a GM dealer to see if it is still available, but bought a new-old-stock part from a supplier in Texas. My part has a manufactured date sticker of 1979.

Jonathan.
Francis

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What part number did you use to locate this one?

1982-85 Cadillac Heater / AC Control Unit #16003166

or

15-7088
Gr. 9.273

Francis
jonc

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't remember what combination of searches I used - I remember it took virtually an entire morning looking through Google Image search to identify the part.

Try:
short-code 15-7088
It looks like the short-code for the revised part number is 15-71123.

These guys appear to have one under the newer part number: http://www.surplustraders.net/specs/gd083.php

I imagine with a photo of the assembly and the car make model, they should not be that difficult to find. Here is one, for example: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1977-1978-1979-CADILLAC-CLIMATE-CONTROL-AIR-CONDITION-/330528021547?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item4cf5015c2b

good luck!

Jonathan
Francis

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK thanks,

I just went and purchased it. I will bring it to Vincent and see what magic trick he can pull out of his bag!

Francis
Vincent

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Francis wrote:
OK thanks,

I just went and purchased it. I will bring it to Vincent and see what magic trick he can pull out of his bag!

Francis

And I presume David Copperfield has a little 3 days to find a solution ????? Mr. Green
Francis

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vincent,

I will not put you under that type of pressure, besides, the seller from California went ahead and shipped it via the US postal system. and delivery is expected to be in to Plattsburgh, NY (60 kms away from Montreal, where I have my US postal address) anywhere from February 26th to march 4th. I leave from Montreal to Brussels on February 27th... So no rush and anyways it would be to be installed for the summer, not my March visit...

Francis
Vincent

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Francis wrote:
Vincent,

I will not put you under that type of pressure, besides, the seller from California went ahead and shipped it via the US postal system. and delivery is expected to be in to Plattsburgh, NY (60 kms away from Montreal, where I have my US postal address) anywhere from February 26th to march 4th. I leave from Montreal to Brussels on February 27th... So no rush and anyways it would be to be installed for the summer, not my March visit...

Francis

Never mind, it was a joke !
Post new topic   Reply to topic    LagondaNet Forum Index -> Main Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: