LagondaNet Forum Index LagondaNet

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

13467 and 13536 on Ebay
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vrije

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As for the project, I'm not as far as i promissed myself (and others),
there are a lot of complaints around the house for that, but it'll
be there.

Harry
Francis

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I offered $8500.- to the seller but he refused...I guess that if he does not get anymore offers I will hear from him in the future...

Francis
Star500E

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 12:07 pm    Post subject: my take on these two cars Reply with quote

Hey folks! I too had interest in these cars and contacted the seller last week. There are some odd idiosyncrasies which gave me pause.
Firstly, the seller is registered on e.bay as living in edison NJ, yet the cars are located in upstate NY. This is where the seller has his "summer home", though that is a bit of an odd place for a summer home. The seller claims that the silver model had a GM drivetrain installed until recently, when he had it removed. He dodged my question as to why, but claimed that he drove it frequently.The seller claimed that there were folks coming to see the car over the weekend from the UK and France.

Most importantly, however, are the cars' pedigrees. The seller claims that he bought them both at separate times - one from California, the other from Florida. This very site's owner registry shows that both of these cars belonged to the same owner in Boston. It also shows that both of these cars were burned, one in 2004 and the other in 2005. Supposedly, the motor from the first (I believe the 86) was sold back to Aston. That is strange into and of itself - two cars, one owner, one location, and both are burned. From the city Whitey Bulger called home once, that cannot be coincidence. If true, it would explain the carpeting and headliner in the 1986 car.

Whenever there is a story, there is always suspicion...
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Lagondanet
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As far as I recall the current owner bought both vehicles separately on Ebay. If anyone is interested I could look up the files on each to see their provenance etc.
Vincent

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IMHO, these cars are 'for parts' only... Crying or Very sad
Francis

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know that the black car comes from California, it was for sale last year or the year before on e-bay and I was interested in it. It sold for $5000.- or $5500.-. A bit too much for me just for a parts car when my car did not need a lot. (before the accident in the idiot's garage last May 2008).

I don't recall seeing the gray one on e-bay. I probably missed it. The funny thing that tends to give creadence to your comments is that he also told me that poeple from Toronto and Boston were coming to see the car last Saturday. I know Julian from Puddleduck contacted him (from England). He tried to get me to go, a 5 hours drive but I would not go to be used in a bidding war that I beleived could happen.

The other thing that he mentionned is that both cars had a 'salvage title' and that infers that the gray one had more that just an engine swap...

The other thing is that he insisted that the car had a GM engine in it that he took out, but he told me that when he purchased it in upper New England, he had to tow it to his place...doesn't sound like a runnung car to me...

Now lastly, and that is where I got a bit suspicius about the whole story:
The Lagonda engine is an old Chrysler 360 inch cube block with all the attached conponants being perfect fits with Mopar parts...not to say they are Mopar parts... The availability of that engine in scrap yards in America is gigantic. Wouldn't it be the logic choice of engine to get if you are going to go with a cheap local power plant? I mean the engine mounts are the same, no wholes to bore, no fittings to weld on the frane, no balance problems and on top of all, all connective parts such as the starter, the alternator etc...etc... are reusable at the same position...

It smelled to me like no engine was ever fitted in there after the original one was taken out.

I think that the gray one was in a flood or was left unattended with windows openned exposed to the elements.

Francis
Lagonda87

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Francis,

I do remember when the gray one was on eBay.....

- Because the owner had a very weird/sad description on eBay of the car. Here is how I remember it:

The engine and transmission had been replaced a some point in its life (by a previous owner I think). In addition to that the car had suffered badly from smoke damage (interior etc.) while being at a paintshop that caught fire. In addition to that the owner mentioned a LONG list of things that didn't work or needed replacement...... etc. On top of all that he wrote that his daughter had vandalized the car in a rage! She had also thrown away all keys to the car!!! Shocked Owner also wrote the car had a scrap/salvage title.

Here are the pictures from that auction:

http://www.vassard.dk/lagonda/gallery/13536.html

Notice all the black stuff on the seats and the rest of the interior.....

http://www.vassard.dk/lagonda/view.html?13536,12

I think its pretty much shot!
Francis

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOW!

That is a good think to have kept!

Yes I now see that this is not a project, it's two pile of junk (ie Parts) or a nightmare. Which is probably what this last owner realized...

Who's the next sucker???

Not me anymore!!!

Francis Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Lagonda87

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

- At least I would highly recommend anyone interested in the grey one to have the car checked out before buying. Or ask the seller for a truckload of high definition pictures of every possible detail of the interior, exterior & engine.

I always get suspicious when some selling a car only show small stamp size pictures of the car shot from a distance. Most cars will look OK in such pictures.....

But as parts the 2 cars could be worth something (engine of the black car, body panels, bumpers, etc.).

By the way, did you notice the silver "paint job" on the car Francis.... ?

http://www.vassard.dk/lagonda/view.html?13536,08

- They didn't even care to paint it silver inside the doors!!! (+ also notice the blue color at the end of the open backdoor)

a VERY cheap spray over. Always makes you wonder what is hidding below! Shocked
Francis

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes i did notice the fact that the inner doors was blue and I also tought that it must be hidding some cheap body work repair or something worst... rust on aluminium...

I offered him $8500 because to me it is the value of the parts. That way I was limiting the damage in case he accepted my offer.

Francis
E38B12

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 6:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

About the green car in Sweden, 13246. I have only heard and read good about it, but never seen it in the flesh.
Star500E

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 11:56 am    Post subject: sad state of affairs Reply with quote

A Little off-topic, but is anyone else truly saddened by the state of affairs of these two poor cars?!

That silver one is really interesting - 4th to last Series 3 made, Series 4 interior, rear head-restraints are fitted, etc. As it is, with only 645 ever made, and most of us on this forum able to say "Oh yes, I know chassis 13xxx" they are special, but that silver car seems like a gem.

What's the deal with the rear head restraints anyway? There are two others that I have seen with them - the black Tickford in Germany (a dealer is selling it @56900 euro) and one other (don't remember the chassis).

still looking for my "Alvira"
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Francis

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lagonda87,

Do you remember at what price the auction for the gray car went for?

What was the asking price?

Francis
Francis

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And when was that auction?

Francis
Lagonda87

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Francis,

Here is Roger's entry about the eBay auction for the silver one:

http://www.nexwebsites.com/bb/viewtopic.php?t=97

- Date is: 11th december 2007

Unfortunately I don't know about the price. But there is an item number in the link to the auction. If you are an eBay member you should be able to search for past auctions results using that number ?

- I'm not an eBay member, but I found this guide to view past eBay results:

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20080423163630AAqd8yx

Best regards,

Soren
Post new topic   Reply to topic    LagondaNet Forum Index -> Lagondas for Sale All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: