LagondaNet Forum Index LagondaNet

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

13422 a convertible!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Francis

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 1:19 pm    Post subject: 13422 a convertible! Reply with quote

This weekend I bought a new tool. One of those rotary cutter that, with a metal cutting blade allowed me to make a new type of Lagonda.

YES MY FRIENDS, I TOOK THE CUTTER TO A LAGONDA AND MADE IT INTO A CONVERTIBLE!!!

To be more accurate, I think that a 4 door convertible is called a Pheaton, but correct me if I am wrong.

In the pictures, you will see that I took the roll down mechanism out of a rear door while waiting for Alvira to come back home, hopefully this week.

I also took pictures of the gas tank that I took out as well as the rear air conditionning unit. I also took out the steering colomn. If any of you have any interest in those parts or any other parts, let me know and I can send you pictures of them to see if they interest you. I will also take the front and rear suspention units (hopefully in one part) out this week.

Then I will discard of the rest of 13422.

http://picasaweb.google.com/Francis200261/13422AConvertible#
Mitrovic

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 5:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow!

There's Lagonda insight!

Must have been a lot of work!

Zoran
Francis

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would say more fun than work! But yes I did spend about 25 hours on the disassembly of what was left of this classic car. I will make an inventory of all parts that I saved and post them for all of you to know what is available to help fix your cars.

And today, October 22nd, 13422 left my garage on a towing truck to go and get the rear and front suspentions removed. Here are the sad pictures of a Lagonda on her last ride atop a hearst of some sort...

Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

http://picasaweb.google.com/Francis200261/13422OnTowing#
AML2008

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would take the head lamps, if they are left... Smile

Greetings Martin
Francis

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The car came to me without the bonnet and the pop-up headlights. However, the left side fog and position lights were salvaged. Do you need any of them?

The ones I have are the left side lights that are under the glass panel in the front just above the bumper.

Francis
In Montreal
Post new topic   Reply to topic    LagondaNet Forum Index -> Main Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: