LagondaNet Forum Index LagondaNet

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Running very rich

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Steve

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2021 7:48 am    Post subject: Running very rich Reply with quote

My car is the second Fuel Injected car (13465) and has decided to blow a lot of smoke and soot up the plugs on start up, ran for about 1 minute and I had to turn it off due to the amount of smoke! Looking at the EFI and Injector manual it says I have a 35 way plug on the harness but I cannot find this. Maybe it was added to cars after mine anyone know where this is?
I'll check/change temperature sender, any other thoughts?
cheers
Steve
david

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2021 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The ECU with the 35 way connector is located behind the fascia on the passenger side.

Remove the lower leather trim, the wood and then the top panel and you will see it.

But - I reckon that the odds are one or more of the vacuum pipes in the engine bay will have failed and the ECU is fuelling as per full throttle, IE no engine depression created at the signal pipes.

Check all the small vacuum pipes, they run to the fuel pressure regulator, EGR valve and also and most importantly the engine load (MAP) sensor.

There are balance pipes across each manifold as well.

The MAP sensor is located on the bulkhead in the engine bay but if any of the above pipes are broken, the signal is lost, or seriously impaired, at best.

I would advise against messing around with the ECU until all other avenues are exhausted as you could make a bad situation worse.

David
Steve

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2021 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great reply thanks David!

I'm aware of the ECU and location but assumed wrongly there was another pin.

Ill check all the vacuum pipes and go from there, none have been changed for probably 15 years or more.

cheers
Steve
Steve

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2022 6:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a forgotten update for anyone following this thread.
I replaced a couple cracked vacuum lines between the two airboxes but this didn't seem to do anything ( they were cracked so needed replacing anyway).
Then I replaced the coolant temp sensor on top of the thermostat housing which fixed the problem.
cheers
Steve
Post new topic   Reply to topic    LagondaNet Forum Index -> Technical All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: