LagondaNet Forum Index LagondaNet

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Windscreen and rear screen fitment

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Steve

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2021 2:46 pm    Post subject: Windscreen and rear screen fitment Reply with quote

Hi all, is there anything special I need to worry about or can I just get a local windscreen man to fit both front and rear screens on my Lagonda?
Vrije

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2021 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As long as you have both screens And surrounding trim , all you have to do before glueing is a trial fit.
Steve

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2021 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Harry,
Just had the windscreen fitter out for a look and it appears there's a rubber strip that fits around the body first to hold the Windscreens at a given height before its glued in. I do have the rubber strip ( in rather poor condition) and could probably source similar from a local Clarke Rubber. I'll also ask Dino at Aston Martin if he has any.
cheers
Steve
(Bugger, I was hoping to have it all sealed up this week so I can go for a short drive )
Steve

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2021 4:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My windscreen guy was wrong, the U shaped rubber channel fits between the outer edge of the glass and the body and holds the trim in! So now we know that the glass will go in early next week.
Steve

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2021 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now the screens are in I should not that there is no "rubber strip" (confirmed with the guys at Aston Martin) and per Harry's note, just glue it in, so we did.
Just make sure you have sufficient adhesive on the windscreen before fitting as this determines glass height and holds in the trim.
cheers
Steve
Post new topic   Reply to topic    LagondaNet Forum Index -> Technical All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: