LagondaNet Forum Index LagondaNet

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Wiring diagram for 13237

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Freddi

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2020 2:49 pm    Post subject: Wiring diagram for 13237 Reply with quote

Hi everybody,

I'm still in the progress of getting 13237 back on the road. While I now already have new TÜV (German biyearly road readiness check), I am still struggling with the electrical system, especially the instrument cluster.

There is a lot of cabling mixed up. Cables change their color in the middle somewhere. Strange new connections have been made. Some functions have just been left dead.

I have a wiring diagram, which unfortunately seems to be from a later model (might be 13284 and later, and US version). Especially the connectors on the dash panel do not fit. Many cable colors either.
My panel has two major data connectors (5x3 and 4x3), while the diagram I have shows two different connectors (13x2 and 13x2).

Anybody out there who can help me?

Thanks a lot!

Freddi
Lagondanet
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2020 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sent you a diagram by email which might help.
Freddi

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2020 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It does. Thanks a lot!!

My panel is now with a specialized company here in Germany, which I know for quite some time now. An expert there is doing some reverse engineering and mostly likely has already found the cause of the problems. There were obviously some shorts due to bad (re)assembly. The board has been under physical pressure, and therefore some electrical elements on the board have been unintentionally grounded.
It's interesting what they tell me about the board itself ("If I would not know it's made in USA, I would say it was designed in the deepest USSR Wink "; it's using negative current(???); the gauges have to be calibrated after reassembly, as the zero value is not hardcoded...)

I will hopefully have it back early next month.

One question to the audience: As the cover film (right word? - I mean the black covering around the segment displays with "mph", "clock" etc. printed on it) is in rather bad shape, I like to have a new one printed. Best would be to have it done by screen printing, but this is rather expensive for just one item. Has anyone done this before and has still one left? Or an original one? Or is there interest to have a small series printed to replace the worn old ones? Maybe the binnacle covers right with it, once we are on it...
Vrije

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2020 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Freddy, we have 2 spare black panels,differently shaped to eachother, but might come in handy??
Keith

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2020 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe David Marks Garage may have brand new ones of the dashboard films. I had mine replaced several years ago.
Freddi

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2020 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the info and offer.

@Vrije: What's the difference in your two panels? Do you have pictures to compare to mine (which I have not here at the moment as the complete panel is with the repair company)?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    LagondaNet Forum Index -> Technical All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: