LagondaNet Forum Index LagondaNet

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bernardb

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 5:53 pm    Post subject: 13171 Reply with quote

hi to all

just a quick word about 13171, she has now covered 84.000 km and still going strong. Very Happy
last month i had the exhaust collectors replaced with stainless steel ones (don't like the new sound of the engine now, not as nice as with steel ones Confused )and the second part of the exhaust that connects directly to them as there was a hole in the collector and the sound was like an old single cylinder tractor. Embarassed yes that bad.
now i have to return to the garage as 1) they have not perfectly connected the right hand pipe as there is a hissing sound to be heard and 2) they must have disconnected something on the alternator as the battery goes flat in a day (seems not to load properly though the battery is good). Rolling Eyes
yesterday, just before the rain started my wipers decided to quit on me. Luckily i use rain-x Idea on the windows so it was not too much of a catastrophy but another thing to fix this weekend.
i replaced the little clear plastic numberplate lights as they were cracked and blackened with new ones (dead cheap for a change at aston) and cleaned the interior with leather cleaner. came out nice Laughing
Have to get the steering aligned as i just had my 4th (yes FOURTH) steering rack replacement. Evil or Very Mad it once again leaked all over the place despite a new steering pump. So i really don't know how long this one is gonna hold. 2-3 months??
next to be replaced are the front shocks (they seem to die after 40.000 km's) and i will speak to a guy who makes shocks and see what he comes up with. He will also restore the old gas cylinder rear shocks as i had them replaced with non self adjusting ones but want the original thing, but guess these ones should hold another 10-15.000 km's.
The platinum spark plugs i use now are great (last min 30-40.000 km) .
Two weeks ago the left flap decided to stay down so the car became a cyclope! The small ring that holds the little lever in its place had fallen off but luckily all pieces were in the car's engien bay so it was fixed in a second. two days later the same thing Mad
what had happened was that the thread of the bolt that comes out of the little motor had dissapeared, ( soft iron probably and a lot of use as a daily driver) so i had to put new thread on it (easy even without dismantling anything) and put a new bolt on and everything was working fine again. you never have a dull moment with a lagonda. Till now i have received but nice reactions where ever i go, thumbs up, people stopping and coming over to the car to talk, cars stopping in front of me , blocking the road just to come and ask what car it is , yes indeed, life is special when driving a wedge Smile
looking forward seeing the White Lightning of Ossi soon as it will be splendid , bernard
Lagondanet
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great to hear that the car is keeping you busy/happy Bernard!

Look forward to seeing you both in Lindau. Mine is leaking fluid @ the front, might be the rack? But it went OK to the Lakes recently so I'm not complaining.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    LagondaNet Forum Index -> Main Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: