LagondaNet Forum Index LagondaNet

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Front Bumper

View previous topic :: View next topic  
SimonH

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 3:23 pm    Post subject: Front Bumper Reply with quote

Can anyone advise on the removal of the front bumper? The rear bumper is pretty straightforward, any advice on the front bumper please? Thank you.
AML2008

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You will have to take out the small glasses in front of the foglights.
Then you take out the four screws with a long screwdriver from above. The bonnet has to be open. Then it is four big nuts that hold the bumper from Inside.
david

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

You don't need to remove the front glasses;

If the screws are fitted, they can be accessed by removing the grommets above the glasses with the bonnet open and then a long screw driver can undo them - do not remove them, just slacken them off to clear the bumper rubber.

Often the screws are not fitted.

Removal of the glasses always carries a high risk of breakage, they are quite fragile due to age.

Then the four 13mm AF nuts that hold the bumper in place are to be removed and the outer one on each side is quite easy to see and undo, it is directly behind the bumper about half way to 2/3rd between the outer wing and the radiator mounts.

The inner pair of nuts are behind the bumper under the radiator cowl and can be got to easily enough but you will end up working pretty much blind.

Always support the bonnet when doing this as if it comes down on you while working, it is not good.

Again, the bumper can be difficult to separate from the car if it has not been off for some time. There are long studs that locate the bumper so it needs to be pulled forwards by maybe 100mm to bring it away from the car.

David
SimonH

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you so much, I'll have a look later, regards.....
Vincent

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And let's hope you won't find rust behind !
Steve

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Simon, I just removed the front bumper on 13465, sister car to yours, following David's instructions below. Given the 13mm nuts were rusty I feared the worst but eventually after getting the bumper off there's no sign of rust.

I did spray the nuts with WD40 an hour or so before attempting this but they came away freely. Biggest issue I had was that he bumper was held in using a selastic type sealant which I sliced through with a curved knife.

cheers
Steve
Steve

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Umm disregard the reference to sister car, got you mixed up with Rob P in Dubai Embarassed
SimonH

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Appreciated, it's my challenge for the weekend, hopefully won't take me long! Thanks again everyone.....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    LagondaNet Forum Index -> Technical All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: