LagondaNet Forum Index LagondaNet

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Radiator leak

View previous topic :: View next topic  
tmcalester

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 4:13 pm    Post subject: Radiator leak Reply with quote

I am having to 'top up' the radiator quite frequently, bit I can't see any evidence of a leak. Anyone with a similar experience?
david

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

We've seen problems with the heater matrix leaking - check to see what type of liquid comes out of the A/C drains.

If it is pure water, that is normal, assuming the A/C is working.

If it is antifreeze (assuming you use that) or corrosion inhibitor then that indicates a leak from the matrix.

Testing with a cooling system pressure tester when cold is always a great help, this usually shows up where the leak is.

Park the car on a clean and dry surface before you carry out the test, that way, any liquids appearing on the floor can be an indicator of where the leak is.

And, dare I say it - if you use an endoscope to check in the bores whilst the system is pressurised, if there is a head gasket problem you would expect to see droplets of water running down the bores.

Hope this is some help

David
Post new topic   Reply to topic    LagondaNet Forum Index -> Technical All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: