LagondaNet Forum Index LagondaNet

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

13032 ?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    LagondaNet Forum Index -> Lagonda Restorations
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DonaldNZ

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2020 5:08 am    Post subject: 13032 ? Reply with quote

Do you know where the heater / air con ducts go behind the instument cluster RH drive please?

I have 2 pipe assemblies one smaller than the other with a y section,
a match on the centre face vents, the heater upper box and maybe on the heater programmer pointing upward but not shaped to take and seal a heater duct.

the other larger id that has a mate on the heater L footwell lower heater box and rh instrument level drivers air vent adjacent to drivers door.

Last edited by DonaldNZ on Thu Sep 10, 2020 2:02 am; edited 1 time in total
DonaldNZ

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2020 5:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Someone snatched the nameplate from the rocker cover. Does anyone know how to turn the id plate into who built it so I can get one engraved?

binnacle switches

Heads up they need the instrument cluster plugged in before they will work.
david

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2020 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

The larger diameter outlets from the A/C unit on each side go to each of the fascia side vents near the doors. - These are cold air delivery pipes from the A/C evaporator unit.

The smaller pipes on the upper level of the A/C unit are the hot/blended air outlets.

On the left side this simply goes down to the foot well and terminates there - there may or may not be a bracket to retain it - if not, it is cable tied to a suitable fixing.

On the right side, one section of this pipe goes, via the 'Y' pipe to the foot well and the other should locate into the side of the instrument panel housing, maybe to reduce condensation in this area in cold conditions.

The trumpet on the A/C programmer is an air intake, don't connect the pipe to that.

Yes, you need the binnacles etc all plugged in for the whole system to work.

As for the name plate, it has likely dropped off over time as the glue degrades, have a very careful look at the lower chassis leg on the right side, I have found more than one plate lurking down there! - You may get lucky.

David
Lagondanet
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2020 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Replacement engine builder name plates can be obtained from AML.

I suggest you contact Chris with your chassis number and he will look up the engine builder's name in the original engine build book.
chris.devallancey@astonmartin.com
DonaldNZ

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brilliant, thanks guys.
DonaldNZ

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2020 2:10 am    Post subject: Rear door allignment Reply with quote

How have you folks done it ? The rear doors both sides are well low at the rear, Like its been in a crash yet the fronts have sufficient initial adjustment to get
fiiling the top hinge has got me half way but it needs another 5-8mm up at the rear and there is not sufficient in the frame holes. Some of the captivated nuts in behind the pillar are stripped along with the hinge bolts.

Ive cut a hole with a hole saw in the inside pillar hoping to get to the nuts in a plate behind behind the top hinge, it seems after two thicknesses there is another top hat to cut through too, What have you folks done to get enough adjustment ? Has anyone accessed the hinge nuts ?
Vincent

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2020 8:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Rear door allignment Reply with quote

DonaldNZ wrote:
How have you folks done it ? The rear doors both sides are well low at the rear, Like its been in a crash yet the fronts have sufficient initial adjustment to get
fiiling the top hinge has got me half way but it needs another 5-8mm up at the rear and there is not sufficient in the frame holes. Some of the captivated nuts in behind the pillar are stripped along with the hinge bolts.

Ive cut a hole with a hole saw in the inside pillar hoping to get to the nuts in a plate behind behind the top hinge, it seems after two thicknesses there is another top hat to cut through too, What have you folks done to get enough adjustment ? Has anyone accessed the hinge nuts ?

Just unscrew the cover panels on the Wheel arch side behind the doors and have a look. Maybe all is fully rotten, sorry for that but a well-known problem.
DonaldNZ

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2020 4:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Vincent

The catch alone is not enough, I need to lift the rear of the doors more than the hinge adjustment allows. hense the boring a hole in the pillar, sounds drastic but there is in sufficient.
I think I'll drill a pilot hole from the outside through the centre of each nut.
david

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2020 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

What Vincent means - quite correctly - is that the steel 'D' post area that is normally covered by an aluminium over trim can and does corrode really badly.

When this happens, the shape of the car can change due to the weakness and this may be why your doors do not fit.

This cover is retained by the chrome plate that goes over the hoop that forms the door catch and usually an additional one or two self tapping screws at the top and bottom, concealed by the door seal rubber.

Remove this and see what the steel work looks like underneath.

The bottom line is that the doors should fit and attempting to move the hinge positions is not the way to resolve it.

Maybe if you can provide pictures things might become clearer but it is possible that either corrosion or incorrect previous repairs may be the issue here as if all is original, it should be OK.

Regards

David
Vincent

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2020 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

for example on my car :

http://www.vassard.dk/lagonda/view.html?13295,046
http://www.vassard.dk/lagonda/view.html?13295,047
http://www.vassard.dk/lagonda/view.html?13295,053

and after :

http://www.vassard.dk/lagonda/view.html?13295,066
Post new topic   Reply to topic    LagondaNet Forum Index -> Lagonda Restorations All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: