LagondaNet Forum Index LagondaNet

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Burghley House Sunday 3rd July 2016
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lagondanet
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Regret to inform you that we will not be going to Burghley now, but I very much hope this will not dissaude you from doing so.

Ed has 600+ Astons of all types going so it will be a mega event!

Given the numbers Ed has decided to abort the special wedge display so no longer requires you to turn up at the crack of dawn. Normal time will suffice.

I am sure you will have a great time.
Ed

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2016 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Indeed we do have the potential of a bumper attendance on the cards with over 600 cars seemingly and weather permitting attending.

It was a shame to drop the idea of a celebration display for the Wedge but now with 3 drop outs the effect might just have been slightly under whelming.

Sorry but I've had to cancel the special celebration cake as well……….. Laughing

Hopefully the few remaining Wedge owners will still attend but as Roger mentions please now just arrive when you are ready as there is now no need to be on site early to set out the display.

If those few still attending want to be together please arrange between yourselves a rallying time and point prior to arriving at Burghley.

If you arrive together you will potentially and hopefully stay together,if you arrive individually it will be testing to say the least to park you together with so many other cars to deal with.

Bring the Sun and have a great day.
Lagondanet
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 7:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the end 3 wedges made it:

David 13085
Keith 13302
Matthew 13643

there were a lot of sandwiches apparently and every sort of AM.

Not sure yet how many cars attended in total or how much Ed raised for charity, but he did a great job.
Lagondanet
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2016 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ed writes:

Dear All,

This is just a brief closing notice for our Burghley House Aston Martin Event and weekends fund raising activities.

Firstly may I thank you for your help,support and generosity surrounding this years Event.

The main Event on Sunday attracted a record attendance of Aston Martins gathered in one place after 600 cars entered the grounds at Burghley.

These vehicles were cross checked and counted twice by differing officials and the numbers matched to the takings to validate the numbers.

Since the opening of my Virgin Money Page in support of this event and adding in the addition funds raised over the weekend the total currently stands
at £45,427.05 net which is a staggeringly huge amount which everyone connected to the event should be pleased and rightly proud of.

I shall add the link to the Event Gallery as soon as Steve Wright has finalised his mammoth task of putting the best of his 5000 taken images together for your enjoyment.

Should you wish at anytime to visit Steve's Gallery please go to: www.skwimages.com

Steve will be pleased to hear from you with your orders and enquires: steve@skwimages.com

Now for the final curtain call if you please………. banana!.

I'm hoping to raise just a little more as a closing gesture after Andy Palmer and the factory kindly donated a 4 person VIP tour of Gaydon which includes lunch with Andy,please book
your tour in conjunction with his very busy diary.

To further enhance any Aston Martin enthusiasts dream we have also added in addition to the Gaydon visit a further VIP tour of Works Service at Newport Pagnell which the management
at Newport Pagnell have kindly offered.

Bids to me please for this combined lot…….. banana!.

Please email me your bids for this final lot direct please to: edwind.cunningham@btinternet.com

I will contact the winning bidder over the next few days and send on the package of correspondence that tells you who to contact to claim your prize..

Payment for this final lot is to my Virgin Money Giving Page for ease: http://bit.ly/1Sga3cV

If you wish to make a final donation to help push the event tally even higher please feel free to do so as ever donation is very much appreciated.

Kind regards,

Ed.

So that £45,427.05 so far raised,I've done my bit so if you enjoyed my teams efforts please put a rattle in our tin.

So that was 600 cars made to look easy,anyone up for 800 if we do it all over again…… Wink.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    LagondaNet Forum Index -> Main Forum All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: