LagondaNet Forum Index LagondaNet

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Burghley House Sunday 3rd July 2016
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lagondanet
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2016 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well done Ed. I am sure we can improve on 4 on the day. Trying anyway. Still early days!
Lagondanet
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2016 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With the addition of Jane wedges now number 5!
Lagondanet
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2016 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ed now has a total of 379 cars registered and it is only March! But we definitely need more than 5 Wedges.
Ed

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2016 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all,

I thought as we have only about 3 months to go I'd highlight a few bits about the event to try and encourage a few other to join in with the other 5 Lagonda's we have attending.

With the season rapidly approaching when we all like to get out our cars to enjoy a few trips and events such as the Burghley House Aston Martin Event which takes places on Sunday the 3rd of July at Burghley House near Stamford PE9 3JY.

At this stage of planning for this exciting Event I thought I would update you with a few points of interest in case you might like to share the day with the many others already registered to attend.

Currently 393 Aston Martins have registered to attend this Event ranging from the earliest a 1930 International,the International will be accompanied with cars from across the time line ending in the very latest from the Gaydon production line by way of the Vulcan.

Other notable cars registered to attend are headed by David Eyles' magnificent DB4 Zagato GT "2 VEV" which is adorned with history and pedigree,other interesting cars include several Le Mans models of the 1930's.

Several of new GT12's which are relatively new to the time line have registered to attend and of course no field would be complete without the One 77.

You can see the diversity of cars already here on the AMOC Forum under this thread,a topic that tells plenty about the Event as well as the cars attending.

The wonderful setting that Burghley House provides is a fitting location and has plenty of interest in itself but add to this the support of 25 plus Aston related companies who have agreed to attend along with AM themselves able led by AP himself so there is the makings of a fine day I'm sure you will agree.

In addition to a very interesting field, further attractions will be on display whether it be a Motorsport related item or something more exotic there will be plenty to see with additional interest for everyone and I'm sure the fly past that has been confirmed for the afternoon will be enjoyed by all.

The flypast will be by the Battle of Britain Memorial flight and will consist of the Lancaster,Hurricane and the Spitfire,the fly past weather and mechanicals permitting will take place during our Raffle and Charity Auction circa 2 to 3pm.

The Raffle has had plenty of great donations already so be assured there's something for everybody and I've taken special care to collect plenty of items for the ladies and not just lot after lot of Aston related items which indeed there are many.

The Raffle will also include the Charity Auction which should be interesting as it contains some outstanding items, adventures, several thrilling experiences for the brave and thats all before we get to the Annual Services,Factory tours and other items which also include limited edition Motor Sport prints kindly donated by Tim Layzell and original pieces of artwork by Andrew Hill and Paul Whitehouse who will both be in attendance for the day.

Also included is a professional detail by Emerald Detailing and a Paintshield paint protection kit that Paintshield will install for the luckiest bidder.

The STAR lot donated so far is a 3 night break to New York staying in the Four Seasons Hotel which is one of NYC's finest Hotels,the trip also includes a room upgrade to a Premium King and comes on a bed and breakfast basis,Virgin Atlantic will fly you both ways in their Premium Economy cabin for this mini break valued at 5k.

www.fourseasons.com/newyork

If NYC is not your thing you might prefer to bid to have a professional photo shoot of your pride and joy anyway I won't give all the secrets away but I can confirm that all our members just might want to be involved on July the 3rd for this friendly and extraordinary gathering that celebrates the Marque whilst helping a few UK Charities along the way.

Don't like flying but enjoy a good break, well thats covered as well with a luxury 3 night stay at Loch Ness Lodge which sits on the banks of Loch Ness.

www.loch-ness-lodge.com

The Charities benefitting from the Event can be seen by visiting the Virgin Money Giving Page as below where any donation is also gratefully received.

http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/Burghleyastonmartin2016

This fantastic Event we have in the making would welcome any additional club members so to register your interest and attendance simply email: edwind.cunningham@btinternet.com with your name and the model of Aston Martin you would like to display.

This will be a fun packed day and one not to be missed so arrive early as there's going to be so much to do,see and take in including this wonderful House and its spectacular grounds.

www.burghley.co.uk

Well a short update but hopefully you can see this is a date worthy of putting in the diaries so I hope to hear from you soon.
Lagondanet
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2016 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ed now has a total of 400 AMs registered.
Ed

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2016 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We've now reached 418 cars registered and its still rising steadily.
Lagondanet
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lagondanet
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ed

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2016 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now we are at 452.

Plenty of room for more Lagonda's in pride of place.

Let me know if you can make it.

@ edwind.cunningham@btinternet

Or let Roger know you're coming.
Lagondanet
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2016 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now 476.
He will break the 500 barrier.
But only 5 wedges still!
Ed

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2016 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Guys,

I'm in urgent need of a 6th Wedge please.

The display I have in mind will look lope sided with an odd number.

We are now up to 487 cars registered and I have a few still up my sleeve but my priority is to find the 6th Wedge.

Come on help me to make a fine display on the Wedges Anniversary.

I'll await your call…….. Rolling Eyes

Also as you will be again in a special place is there any chance of everyone turning up before 9am for your positioning please.

You will be back on the crest of lawn as last time but with a very expensive friend or 2.
Lagondanet
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2016 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now 513 registered cars including 6 wedges!
Lagondanet
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

538 AMs including 8 wedges registered.
Lagondanet
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ed now has 550 Aston Martins registered to participate. We need more wedges! Come on!
Lagondanet
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2016 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I understand Ed now has more than 600 cars registered.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    LagondaNet Forum Index -> Main Forum All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: