LagondaNet Forum Index LagondaNet

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sound in Lagonda

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mitrovic

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 6:00 am    Post subject: Sound in Lagonda Reply with quote

Since I have my Lagonda I have tried to have a better sound ( not engine ) in my Lagonda.
I had put an excellent head unit and new speakers, the best available for the size, but I did not want to change the looks. So the sound was still really poor.
Music is very important for me in the car as I drive it everyday.
Finally it seems that I have found somebody willing and capable to do something. They plan to put a subwoofer under the rear seats and "high-tone" speakers at the dashboard ( no holes made ).

It will be done after Lindau, so I will keep you updated...

Zoran
Mitrovic

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 5:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And its done!

Finally I really have good music sound in my Lagonda. I have tested it so far with some 80's sound of Bonnie Tyler. Tomorrow it will be the classical music test.

The only visible change are really small "high-tone" speakers at the A post. And they can be removed if I wish so. No holes no glueing.

Perfect!

Zoran
Keith

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Zoran

I would be very interested to know what equipment you have used and the installation details as good quality audio is a must for me also.

I have in mind to put in a reputable double din size, touch screen unit for the central control of all functions but I am concerned about what size and the location of the speakers I can use. Have you changed the location of the speakers or have you changed the speaker grills from the doors "drilled holes in panel"?

Have you added any additional amplifiers within the car or have you just relied on the head unit power source?

Kind regards

Keith
Mitrovic

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keith

It was my aim not to change the looks. So, I have not changed the space the original speakers use nor the leather coverings. But I have bought new pioneer spekers, the biggest which fit in the space.

I have used a top Alpine 1 DIN head unit. I was thinking about getting one with a slide out monitor, but for the moment have not bought one.
No amplifier was used. The subwoofer was put under the rear seats, completely invisible.
The hight tone speakers are really tiny, about 5 centimeters large and are holded by a small bar with the cable which comes between the dshboard and the A-post. I even don't know the brand of the subwoofer nor of the high tone speakers, but I will ask my mechanic.

The sound I have now is not for the big booms, but for really clear music. You know this song from Bonnie Tyler " We don't need another hero"? The effects are now great!

Zoran
Keith

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Zoran

I am surprised to hear that you have not changed the speaker grills as my thoughts would be that the existing ones would muffle the sound to a degree but it is a good thing that you have achieved a great sound without this modification.

I can imagine that your sub-woofer under the back seat will fill some passengers with consternation and perhaps provoke squeals of delight from others. Might I suggest you try the 1st movement of Beethoven's 5th with just an added touch of extra bass to test my theory.

Keith
Keith

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I should also add that I agree entirely with you that sound equipment should be installed for clarity, not booms.

Keith
Mitrovic

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keith

You are completely right.
Changing the speaker grills and putting a little bit bigger speakers would have improved the system.

But I did not want to change the looks! I think those door covers with those holes look fantastic.

So it was my point to take away the critical frequencies from the built in speaker with those grills. That is why I used not only the subwoofer, but also the high-tone speakers. I will post a pictures this weekend.

I have not been sitting on the back seats of the Lagonda yet, but I will try it and report about the "sensations".

I forgot to mention that I have an iPod mounted in the compartment between the fron seats, of course.

Enjoy

Zoran
Mitrovic

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 12:33 pm    Post subject: massage seat! Reply with quote

I have tried it out, and I guess my Lagonda is the first lagonda with a massage seat!

It seems that the subwoofer is not under the seat but behind the right back seat! What a wonderful massage!

The high tone spaeakers are pioneer.

Zoran
Keith

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Zoran

I think you could make a fortune by selling 15 minute massage time slots at Lagonda 2009 and I would like to book the 1st massage session.

Keith
Mitrovic

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

excellent idea!

I will speak with the organisators! You even will be able to take your music with you!

See you in Belgium!

Zoran
Keith

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Zoran

I will make sure my i-pod is loaded with the "right sounds".

Please do not forget the photos of your system because when the time comes, (eventually), I would like to show Julian @ Puddleduck when we start to discuss where the audio cables would need to run for my sound system in Lagonda 13302.

Enjoy your sound system.
Mitrovic

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here are the pictures:

Hight tone speakers:

Head unit with iPod support:

Massage seat:
The subwoofer is a Blaupunkt 200A
http://www.blaupunkt.com/uk/7606305001_main.asp

Keith

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Zoran

Thanks for the pictures.

How pleased are you with the quality of your high tone speakers?

Keith
Mitrovic

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keith

I am not a professional in accoustics and my Lagonda is still not a concert hall. I heard better sound equipments in cars. But it is a huge improvement to the standard design in my Lagonda. I contribute at least 50% of the improvement to the high tone speakers.
So I am happy with them!

Zoran
Keith

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Zoran

At the end of the day, if you are happy with the sound then that's all that counts.

I am intrigued by your high tone speakers as I have not seen that design before and the fact that you do not have to drill any holes to fix them appeals to me greatly.

I look forward to having a listen to your system next year.

Julian @ Puddleduck is making good progress with the restoration of my Lagonda 13302 and I am really looking forward to day the when she will be ready to have her sound system installed.

Kind regards

Keith
Post new topic   Reply to topic    LagondaNet Forum Index -> Main Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: