LagondaNet Forum Index LagondaNet

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Stuck rear door

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ian Whittaker

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2022 7:47 pm    Post subject: Stuck rear door Reply with quote

I have a stuck rear passenger door which I can’t open, by using either the external or internal handles. I have removed the door bolts so I have more movement and hoped I could pull it free with a little tugging, but alas no!! The door card has been removed and I can get to the internals. I am thinking the locking mechanism is still engaged with the door catch?? Looking at the parts list, it looks like the actuator moves up/down. Does anyone know if the actuator/link should go up to unlock or down to unlock??

Thanks Ian
Lagondanet
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2022 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have tried the small tab on the inside of door too haven't you?
Ian Whittaker

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2022 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lagondanet wrote:
You have tried the small tab on the inside of door too haven't you?

Hi, yes I have tried that but the door isn’t disengaging. I think I will have to see if I can get power to the motor and see if a powered approach can release it! Might be worth a try??
Steve

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2022 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This might sound silly but its not just a sticky door seal holding the door shut? I had to replace the small back door window in mine and the slightest misalignment of the window frame made the door impossible to open without giving it a GOOD shove from inside.
Ian Whittaker

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2022 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steve wrote:
This might sound silly but its not just a sticky door seal holding the door shut? I had to replace the small back door window in mine and the slightest misalignment of the window frame made the door impossible to open without giving it a GOOD shove from inside.

Hi Steve, I have removed all the door bolts and I have clearance all around the door, so the seal issue I don’t think is the issue. I am thinking the locking mechanism of the door is still stuck to the catch on the body. Problem is I can’t get to either one as the door gap is too small to force etc.. I guess maybe try to cut the metal catch?? But not sure how easy it will be to sort afterwards, assuming I can see enough of it to cut thru??
Ian Whittaker

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2022 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have suddenly managed to get the door off, not sure why it came off this time, as I did the same poking around as previously, but from what it seems under the door handle there is a vertical metal bar, which seems to act as a door lock control. This has to be in a position towards the back of the car, to be in unlocked mode!! Also the actuator control rod should be in the upwards direction, so the crank at the top of it, is pointing up at some 45 degrees. If this crank is level, the door is locked and the previously mentioned door handle will be more towards the front of the car (engine being at the front lol!!)

I just pulled the door handle and it almost fell out of it’s own accord. It’s been a complete pain, but all 4 doors are now off!! Hope the above helps someone else later!!
Lagondanet
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2022 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent news!
This isn't the tab I was referring to before then? Small round metal rod below wood veneer?
Glad you got it out!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    LagondaNet Forum Index -> Technical All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: