LagondaNet Forum Index LagondaNet

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Removing the roof enterior

View previous topic :: View next topic  
milano

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 4:33 pm    Post subject: Removing the roof enterior Reply with quote

Dear Lagondafriends,

I started removing the first parts of my interior. It‘s car No. 247. Now i‘m not shure how to remove the interior roof pannels beside the front roof, over the doors and behind the rear doors.
Has anyone done this job with his car.
Thank you for any help with my small problem!

Best Frank
JohanB

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Both are kept in place by various means. The front ones have a plastic push in clip more or less half way the front window. Typically removed with one of these fork type interior trim removal tools. If it is original, it is likely to break due to plastic having hardened. At the rear it is attached with a screw to the side of the roof frame. This screw will be hidden by the roof structure in the middle in the of the roof. You will have to remove the front roof panel to which the mirror and sun visors attach.
The rear is similar, a screw at the front (again behind the middle roof trim), the handrails need to come off and there is a push in clip more to the rear.
I'm on the process of refitting the trim to a car that was already taken apart so exploring the same but then the other way round
david

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

It's a bit more than this;

You don't have to but it's easiest to remove the front seats - you can leave them in but it makes general access more difficult.

Also, we remove the rear door trim panels, it makes life easier getting in and out (which you will be doing a great deal) and removes the risk of damaging same.

Then, you must remove the rear seats and rear quarter casings.

Also remove the 'B' post trims, retained by the seat belt top fixings and two screws at the base, to get to these the metal sill carpet top trims require removal to allow the carpet to flex. Once the lower screws and seat belt mount are removed, pull the trim away from the seat belt mechanism and down to detach from the cantrail.

Assuming the front 'A' post trims up the sides of the windscreen are fitted correctly, you will need to remove the passenger side dashboard top - and to get this off, the lower panels come away first - and also the instrument panel binnacle, for which, the instrument panel must come out......

Then, work from the back;

Unclip and remove the trimmed cross piece above the rear screen.

Remove the screws retaining each of the rear quarter headliner side trims - these at the rear and the front where the 'B post trim was - and also unclip it from the cantrail too.

This exposes the screws for the side pieces around the sunroof and also the cross piece that has the rear interior lights and blind in it - remove these.

Now, slide back the central courtesy light housing, it is usually very tight, be careful with it.

This reveals yet more screws at the inner and outer edges of each of the sunroof front trim pieces.

Remove these, and pull them away.

At the front, remove the sunvisors - the inner clips can be left on, they only screw into the trim panel, not the roof and also unclip the rear view mirror if fitted to the roof - this is very tight and you need to be careful, too aggressive and you can break the mirror - or, dare I say it, the screen........

Once the mirror is unclipped, remove the three screws and the clamp comes away, allowing the front trim panel to drop free.

The final screw in peices are the front cantrail trims, remove the screw at the rear of each, at the base of them where the dash liners have come away and at the top of the screen, revealed by the removal of the front cross piece, and that's it!

All that is left now are the two glued in panels, pull these down but keep them as patterns for the new ones.

Cleaning the roof of glue is an awful and messy job, another reason we remove the front seats and lay plastic over the whole interior to protect the rest from all the dust etc.

Note the orientation of all the electrical connectors etc for the courtesy lights and don't let the trim panels hang from the wires.

For some bits it is easier with two people.

It is not a quick job..... enjoy..

David
milano

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

David, Johan,

Thank you very much for your helpfull input and detailed explaining! Front and rear seats are already outside.
I will have some nice weekends....

Best Frank
milano

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

David, Johan,

Thank you very much for your helpfull input and detailed explaining! Front and rear seats are already outside.
I will have some nice weekends....

Best Frank
Post new topic   Reply to topic    LagondaNet Forum Index -> Technical All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: