LagondaNet Forum Index LagondaNet

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

illuminated gear position on dashboard

View previous topic :: View next topic  
tmcalester

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:03 pm    Post subject: illuminated gear position on dashboard Reply with quote

The linkage between the gearbox and the gear lever broke and I got it fixed a a local mechanics shop. Prior to the linkage breaking the dashboard showed which gear I was in. Now it does not. I assume that there was/is some electrical connection that sends a signal to the dashboard which has not been re-connected. Does anyone know anything about this?
JohanB

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is to the side of the selector lever under the console cover a set of contacts that that the selector lever slides past and contacts depending on the position of the selector. It could be something simple like the selector lever not having an earth contact anymore or the contact on the selector arm not touching the board with the fixed contacts.
feniks

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or it is positioned between the contact spots so just need little alternation of linkage
Post new topic   Reply to topic    LagondaNet Forum Index -> Technical All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: