LagondaNet Forum Index LagondaNet

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

my participation in Lagondanet 2008

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Francis

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 3:39 pm    Post subject: my participation in Lagondanet 2008 Reply with quote

Here are acouple of exchanges I had this morning with Zoran and Sieghard.

I would like to share with all of you for some guidance.

Thanks in advance.

Sieghard,

Since my car got damaged in a garage last May in a routine oil change, and I don't know if you were aware of it,

This is what I just exchanged with Zoran this morning:

Hello Zoran.

My plan is still to come to the meeting, but here are the points that I have to address before I can commit:

First: Alvira is still dammaged and work has not started on the car.

I got an estimate from the insurance company at $12 000.- witch is at half the cost of parts alone. One expert in Florida told me that just by looking at pictures he sees over 150 hours of $100.- an hour work on top of parts and other fees (Like transport). So his evaluation of the work runs over $40 000.- plus he cannot guarantee me the car before November...

Today or Monday I will get the estimate from the body shop accredited by AML Canada. I think that they will be able to work with the insurance company to get them to ajust the estimate closer to the real price of repair, I think that by using used parts and maybe Bill Morrow's car we can come in under $25 000.-.

This solution has two problems: one, Bill's car has no title, so I can't bring it to Canada unless I dismantle it before crossing the border and pass it as parts only... Two: We have a system here in Québec that shuts down all labor work the last two weeks of July. I can't see how work would start on the car within the next week, so I can assume that the work will not be done before mid-August...I need at least 3 to 4 weeks to ship the car over to Europe. This takes me over the meeting date.

I may still come to the meeting, I was thinking of briging my DB7 over instead or just show up carless...

This brings the family vacation situation...

My wife has agreed to come along to the meeting with one condition, school starts on August 26th. and we needed to find a way to get the kids back home before that date. So my solution was to send her back on the 24th and come to the meeting with a friend of mine from Geneva.

She now preasures me for a Greece vacation. I can do that also and get them to go back on the 24th. I would then fly to Austria and do a bit of work in Vienna the week of the 25th and show up alone at the meeting for the 29th and 30th.

We are almost in July and I still don't know what to do... Can you help me with this dilema?

Sieghard, As you see, Ich habe ein problem... Kennen sie mir hilfen da mit?

Hi Francis (reply from Zoran)
Lagondanet
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Francis

I was saddened to hear of the accident with Alvira after all of the effort you put into getting her just right and was most impressed with your plan to bring her to Europe.

But in the circumstances I think everyone would quite understand if you decided to skip this meeting & bring her say next year, especially when you take your wife and childrens needs into account.

Don't let me be negative though. It is obviously your decision and we would be very happy to see you if you can make it.
Vincent

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sadly I had to cancel my participation today, because of 13295 won't be cleared before the event. I met Sieghard and Bernard in februari 2007 (it was a happy moment ! ) and I was very impatient to make knowledge with other owners, in the beautiful scene of "Lac de Constance". But 13295 needs more cure than suspected, and my bodyshop asks me more delay ( they plan to finish my car before 20 august, but after this I have to re-trim the car, go to the french "MOT/TUV" and be sure to join Lindau with it ( only 100 miles done since mechanical restoration).
I estimate it's too short to do it good.
For the guys coming from the Chunnel or ferryboat, I can propose to meet
somewhere around Lille(F) or Tournai (B) on your road...
Lagondanet
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Francis & Vincent,

Sad indeed but can we then not look forward to a great event in 2009 together?
Mitrovic

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a pity!

Just promise that you will be there in 2009!

Zoran
Post new topic   Reply to topic    LagondaNet Forum Index -> Main Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: