LagondaNet Forum Index LagondaNet

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

wiring diagram LHD Fuel Injected model

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Steve

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 10:16 am    Post subject: wiring diagram LHD Fuel Injected model Reply with quote

Hi, I'm the new owner of 13465 in Australia. The car is LHD and suffered a fire in the rear RH quarter taking out seats , boot rear windscreen etc.
I've sourced most replacements parts and panels now and have started on bringing the interior back to life.
One thing I do need clarification on is the wiring to the boot and all that's involved there. I suppose the best way to describe it is that the wiring is beautiful rigt up to the point it gets to the rear seat squab, from there its a burnt charred mess.
The loom and any wiring to the pass side (LH) of the car is all good surprisingly!
Theirs a lot of charred mess on the RH side and no real easy point to start!
Is their a diagram for this part of the car?
The car is Fuel injected ( one of the first 3 or 4 as far as I can make out and the one before the 1986 New York motor show car.
cheers
Steve
jonc

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a copy of the LHD EFI 1986 diagram as a PDF which I can send you.

However, it is not really a wiring diagram. It locates and lists each component and gives you the wire numbers and colours for each terminal. You then have to work out where it goes!

It sounds like you need a repair to the rear of the interior loom, a boot loom, a boot lid loom, and a rear relay box. I think there is a relay box on eBay in the UK, maybe some of the looms, and also the rear aircon tray / loom.

I have always found the 1982 wiring diagram to be useful since it shows where the components are located in plan-view, and roughly the shape of the various looms. The big difference from 1984 model-year was the relocation of the separate relays behind the back seats to a box in the boot.

Good luck with your work - don't forget to post updates to the Restoration section!
Steve

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Jonc,

I do have the PDF you are talking about and after some careful study.........I have a headache!
I've actually bougt a boot loom, aircon loom so will seek the other loom's/relay box and see where that gets me, it will eventually all match up!

cheers
Steve
Steve

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2015 7:27 am    Post subject: wiring loom again Reply with quote

Hi 13465 again, are there any dismantlers on this site who may have a complete wiring loom available, I really just need the rear half, ie everything that resides in, enters or leaves the boot/trunk. (I have the boot lid loom). About to pay a local auto electrician to make sense of the wiring broadsheet and make up the loom for me but original is always best!
Car is 1986 LHD fuel injected.
cheers
Steve
Vincent

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2015 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As lot of things are different from Efi to carb cars, ( electronic box inside the boot to command fuel flaps and others for example ) and the rarity of Efi cars for parts, I would suggest to build a new loom. Otherwise I would help with the one from 13169...
Where do you stay in Australia as we are regularly in touch with people in NSW ( and visiting ).
Steve

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2016 3:45 am    Post subject: wiring diagram LHD Fuel Injected model Reply with quote

Hi Vincent,
I'll bite the bullet and get one made, the relay box has come in at AUD 1000 alone hence hoping to find a loom already!
I'm in a place called Waubra in central Victoria.
cheers
Steve
Post new topic   Reply to topic    LagondaNet Forum Index -> Technical All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: