LagondaNet Forum Index LagondaNet

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Wedding in Switzerland

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mitrovic

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 8:21 pm    Post subject: Wedding in Switzerland Reply with quote

I was asked whether I would like to drive a bride and groom at a wedding here in Switzerland with my Lagonda.

I accepted. Expect to see some spectacular pictures as it should be in swiss alps! Date: 31.5. I will try to post the pictures here.

Zoran
Mitrovic

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We just returned from this fabulous wedding.

On saturday we picked up the groom. He was so nervous and so happy! We never had met him before and he told us that this is his dream becoming true! His wedding in a Lagonda. We then picked up the beautiful bride and she was really sweet with her white dress in my black Lagonda with the white leather. She was so happy, too and felt very comfortable!
My wife and I then realised that all the wedding was centered around the Lagonda! We only then realised how much important this was for this young pair. All the day tge groom was smiling and he repeated himself how happy he was and how incredible this experience was for him!

When we met the first guests, everybody gathered around the car and was overwhelmed. The drive was long, very long. 360 Kilometers to the Swiss alps. At one moment we were in a traffic jam. The groom was hgappy! So he was able to be in the LAgonda even longer.

When we drove to a castle, more guests were waiting and everybody was so excited about the car. Well, there was also a Merc 6,3 litres from 1975 and a Bentley Azure, but nobody looked at those cars, all eyes were on the Lagonda. There was an artist who mad greeat pictures of the Lagonda in movement who confessed he would love to have a Lagonda in his atelier.
There was another enthusiastic video filmer who passed us several times very closely on the highway leaning out of the car and filming. It was like in a Bond movie. And yes we made some show for him, too.

At a stop I opened the bonnet and whoops - my wife told me- it was like a magnet, so many men came rushing to look at the engine!

The bride and groom were so happy, they repeatedly said that they can not believe their luck to actually be driven in a Lagonda "The most beautiful car in the world".

The father of the bride has 60 cars: RR, Bentley, Lamborghini, Ferrari, AM DB5... but they did choose my Lagonda.....

Next day my wife and I enjoyed ourselves and put the Lagonda o test Steep mountain climbings, to the snow! In those two days we made 700 Kilometers. The car behaved flawlessly.

I think my wife likes the car a little bit now. She even confessed that it was really comfortable!

It was a perfect weekend. The car fullfilled its "raison d'etre", it made people happy!

Zoran

Lagondanet
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brilliant Zoran. Memorable. That's what ownership is all about. Well done!
Mitrovic

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 5:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you.

And the consumption was moderate: 17,1 L/100Km !

Zoran
Post new topic   Reply to topic    LagondaNet Forum Index -> Main Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: