LagondaNet Forum Index LagondaNet

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Battery recommendation for 1985 CRT (non-fuel injection) Lag

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jamesdelgreco

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2015 9:16 pm    Post subject: Battery recommendation for 1985 CRT (non-fuel injection) Lag Reply with quote

Hi All,

I don't think the battery in my Lagonda is the correct one, as it seems too small for turning over the engine and running all the electrics. Its a 68Ah, 550Amps starting power battery, Halfords HB072. I would appreciate any advice on what type of battery to use. Also, if the battery charge is low (as recently indicated by the CRT display to 'charge battery) - does this effect the running of the engine in any way. The reason I ask is because the engine seems to stall when the low battery indicator is showing at times. Thanks all! James DG
david

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2015 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

In these later cars we use a Varta G3 battery.

It is the same as that used in many post 1998 Jaguar vehicles and is well up to the job.

David
Post new topic   Reply to topic    LagondaNet Forum Index -> Technical All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: