LagondaNet Forum Index LagondaNet

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New owner of a 1984 Lagonda

View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2015 5:30 pm    Post subject: New owner of a 1984 Lagonda Reply with quote

I just purchased a Lagonda #13316 last week, the car has very low mileage (20,000) and is in great shape. However I have the side lamp relay that is stuck and I need to purchase a new one, does any one know where I could find a replacement relay. The car will be driven like all the cars in our museum (www.tbauto.org), please look at the website as you will discover cars you are not familiar with.

Thank you;

Olivier Cerf
jonc

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2015 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Olivier,

Congratulations on your purchase!

David Marks in the UK has a suitable replacement relay. The side lights relay is the most used and so will be the first to fail. It seems the original relay was never designed for the temperature and vibration it receives on the car, the replacement relay has the same sort of spec and so is not any better, but also no worse!

Alternative (cheat) would be to swap out the one from the heated rear window, or put the modern replacement in this place where it is hidden.

Jonathan

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2015 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you very much I will contact David.

Olivier
Arnaud

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2015 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

I didn't know there was an automobile museum in Pinellas Park, I only knew the one in Sarasota, great news !
Congrats for your purchase !
Post new topic   Reply to topic    LagondaNet Forum Index -> Main Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: