LagondaNet Forum Index LagondaNet

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Alarm system operation?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hawke

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 1:36 pm    Post subject: Alarm system operation? Reply with quote

I recently obtained a copy of the original build sheet for #13557 from AML. Under the category of EXTRA EQUIPMENT is a listing of three items: C/BOX FS 890, TORCH KEY #XB0494, and ALARM #032. Of greatest interest is the ALARM #032 as there is no description in the Owner's Manual as to the use, actuation or, most importantly, the disabling of the alarm once it is set.

A response by Steve Waddingham at AML noted that #032 refers to the small key that isolates the anti-theft alarm siren. If there is a separate key switch to actuate the alarm system, I am unable to locate it. Or, perhaps the alarm is tied into the normal door-locking procedure, such that its use or actuation occurs without conscious effort by the driver?

Hopefully, someone in the Forum can describe how this alarm system operates.

Thanks for the assist.
jonc

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The alarm was fitted from 13540. It had a bonnet switch and ultrasonic sensors for detecting movement inside the car.

Looking at the parts catalogue, Electrical section, the pictures show fobs with a single button. This will enable/disable the alarm and most likely also actuate the central locking. The siren unit will have the keyswitch to enable/disable the system.

My 1994 Virage LE has a factory-fitted Cobra system which works in this way.

Jonathan
Hawke

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That explains it. The alarm on my car is also a factory-fitted Cobra unit. And since I never received an alarm fob (only the ignition key) when I purchased #13557, I had no idea of its existence or operation.

Thanks for the info, Jonathan.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    LagondaNet Forum Index -> Technical All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: