LagondaNet Forum Index LagondaNet

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Gas doors

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Francis

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 12:12 pm    Post subject: Gas doors Reply with quote

I need help from anyone of you guys.

Alvira just made it back home this weekend. Both my gaz filler doors are jammed. I can hear the motors working but the latch seams not to rotate. Any ideas on how to open at least one so that I can fill it up?
Vincent

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Francis,
Try pushing on the panels when somebody is pushing on the switches: I had success on my car with this method. After doing this, lubricate with copper grease. That's it !
Francis

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yesterday I spent 3 hours trying that Vincent, I even pulled out the interior to have access to the motor. I pulled on the bar that is attached to the flange, but it will not come undone. I had my doughter click the button while I tried to use a blade to go under the door... I also used a wire to hook the locking flange and it did not open... I don't want to scratch my new paint job so I am out of ideas...
Mitrovic

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All my literature is with the car and the car is with the mechanic, but I will ask him tomorrow.

Zoran
Vincent

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 6:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Francis,

I send you a PM (in french)
Mitrovic

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The mechanic says:

1) Many vibrating pressures on the release button

2) Like in the movies: Take a plastic ( Credit ) card and push it in under the flap and then push with it.

Good luck!

Zoran
Francis

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys for all the help. I finally got one door open using a plastic ruler and my 10 years old doughter to press on the button while I tinkered away on the latch.

NO SCRATCHES and that makes me happy. I will leave this door unlocked and the ruler inside the car just in case...

Francis for Alvira.

By the way, last night I when out with Alvira to a nice restaurant. Oh and I almost forgot, My wife and an other couple came along and enjoyed the nice ride Alvira provided us. I must say she was a well behaved girl. And as always she was the talk of the evening as well as the eye catcher of the passerby.

One more thing, last Sathurday I rolled her out on to the street and as I was preparing her for a gentle ride, her first of the year, a couple stopped and parked next to her. The man came out and started walking around my car and said to me:

I know it is a Chevrolet but what model is it?
to which i replied: sorry, no it is not a Chevrolet. The man insisted and said: Yes, Yes it is a Chevrolet can you just tell me what model it is?
So I replied: no it's an Aston Martin. He chuckled and walked away unconvinced...probably still thinking I was putting him on...
dyeger

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Francis, did they take the gas doors off to paint the car? The latches are very finnicky and the adjustments on the screes holding the gas doors on cannot be too tight or they will not release. Loosing the screws at the top holding the gas doors until it takes virtually no pressure on the door to close it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    LagondaNet Forum Index -> Main Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: